9.06.2012

I am a Runner.....?

I've struggled with this for a long time. I feel weird calling myself a runner! 

That probably sounds cray-cray to some of y'all. If you don't run, surely you'd look at me, a girl who runs 3-5 days a week, and say "Of course she's a runner!" But I look at all these people I've met through the running community and I just pale in comparison. They run faster, or the run longer, or they are more active in the community. 

On top of that I never in a million years thought I'd come close to calling myself a runner, so I guess it's taking longer than a few months to get used to it.

A week or so ago a customer at work (kind of creepily) said I had muscular legs (haha that's so creepy) and I said "Oh, well I'm a runner." And it felt so weird! 



When does one become a "runner"? 

Did I become a runner the moment I decided to do couch to 5k? Or was it after I ran a 5K? Or maybe it was when I got my first pair of running shoes? Or was it when I joined Team in Training... or when I actually completed C25K and then kept running without the program? 

I don't know! What are your opinions on becoming a "runner"?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs