6.18.2014

Wednesdays

For me, Wednesdays are my most challenging days to stay active. I work 9-6 and then turn around and go to choir from 7-8:45. I often will get a Wednesday off every other week, as I work a weekend every other week (that's a whole other issue) and that can help, but otherwise I have to cram a run in and sacrifice dinner or do the opposite.

The logical explanation here is for me to just get up early and run, right? Well I do track workouts late on Tuesdays (sometimes not over until 8 or 8:30) and so I am not ready to get up and do it again at 6AM on Wednesdays. I also really suck at waking myself up, whether it's 6:30 or 8:30... like this morning =).



I've tried running to choir (it's about 2.8 miles, not far), but I got SUPER gross and sweaty and felt bad having to sit so close to other people for 2 hours. It's just impossible in the Georgia weather not to get super sweaty, even nearing sundown.

My traditional rest days are fridays, as I like to feel rested for my long run then run on tired legs on Sundays as recovery.  Since my goal is consistency for this training cycle, I've got to figure out something that works. I guess trial and error can work for the rest of June and July, but after that it's business time!

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs