9.29.2014

Letting Go... While I Flow!

I think everyone has had those moments or times in their life when they are absolutely wallowing in some sort of disappointment.

As a kid (ok.... and as an "adult") I found (ok, ok, find) that disappointment comes often and easy when you're a perfectionist. When I'd get an 89 instead of a 93 on a test or mess up an important play in softball, it wasn't something I could just let go of and move on from. The disappointment would fester and boil until it would spill over into some emotional outburst or a month long session of too much internet and books.

For a lot of runners I'm sure that the time spent pounding it out on the pavement or exploring the great unknown is therapy for those moments that call for it. When you're wallowing. There's no expectations in the average runner, right? I mean you're out there doin it. Who else is?! I certainly don't see a lot of other midtwenty females out there. So that place for disappointment is small, and then you just run it out. Well I guess that's how it goes, anyway. Because I really don't get that from running.

Lately I've been struggling to shake off a little slice of a disappointment, but I've recently seemed to find answers in a very sweaty room. A hot yoga room! There's a class that I like to go to on Monday nights called, "Power Yoga Basics" at my new favorite studio Thunderbolt Power Yoga. For one the instructor is great (Becky Cawood, (she's taught me so much in such a short time)), but it's also this cool melting pot of super experienced yogis and total noobs. You come on your mat, totally let go of your inhibitions and all of your daily woes and just be present. Cause if you aren't totally there, then you're totally going to fall out of that pose or give up when your legs are on FIRE. You can't think of how you messed up that stupid form or caught an attitude when you shouldn't have, because it's simply impossible to succeed that way. I am really not that flexible or balanced, but it doesn't matter. I can still be as much of yogi as the owner who practiced by my side today! I'm honestly happier and  I hope that has reflected in my work and with my friends.

So if you're feeling a little stuck, go do some sun salutations or hold a plank for a stupid amount of time. Or maybe just check out a class at my new home 😀. It's in the northern part of buck head where the outback used to be and the first month of classes is only $40!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs