4.17.2012

Gotta Get Movin'!

This weekend was a pretty big fail on the healthy lifestyle for me. I drank too much and didn't eat enough. Normally I would say that's not a terrible thing but I just felt absolutely terrible all day Sunday and therefore didn't do my long run until Monday. It's just thrown my whole schedule out of wack.

I was scheduled to run 4 miles this weekend, the longest I've ever run (once again) and it went really well! I was 150% sure that my free app on my phone was tracking me wrong and that I wasn't really running as far as I should but I know I'm running further than I was before, which is something. To double check my route I mapped it out and it turned out to be about 3 miles. So it's waaaay off and it's got me thinking I need to invest in a new way of tracking my distance. My heart rate monitor's chest strap recently snapped so I need to replace that, so why not just invest in something nice that has a GPS? The biggest reason not to, obviously, is the cost! I'm trying to make a decision soon because I rely heavily on my HRM to motivate me. Plus it tracks my calories. Calories burned = Weight Watcher Activity Points!

Do any of you out there use a GPS watch or iPhone App that you love? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs